About ICMEC Australia
Child sexual exploitation (CSE) facilitated online, is one of the fastest growing crimes in the world, in number and severity. ICMEC Australia is focused on reducing and preventing this harm to children, through increasing capability in the detection, reporting and prosecution of this crime. We support financial services organizations, not-for-profits, regulators and law enforcement to assist their efforts in the fight against CSE. We are a team with diverse skill sets and experiences bound together by our shared passion for removing children from harm. Our mantra is to support others to save kids, wherever they are – and however we can.
For more information on our mission and work please check our website
How you will make an impact
ICMEC Australia is at an exciting point of its evolution, and we are looking for an experienced Business Development professional, or part-time contractor to formulate and deliver our revenue strategy.
We are a relatively new entity in Australia, who is committed to significantly changing the world for the better. This is an opportunity for the right person to support the CEO to shape and sustain this incredibly important organization.
We work closely with several industry partners, especially in financial services and law enforcement and provide services that support them in their work to detect, report, and prosecute child sexual exploitation that is facilitated online. We are now at a point where we can explore receiving fees, revenues, and grants to sustain this work.
This role will be especially suited to someone who has raised funding for more business focused not for profits or social enterprises through larger scale contracts or fee for service arrangements or subscriptions. We are not just a traditional consumer charity donation fundraising model.
In this role, you will:
- Own the development and implementation of a business development and revenue strategy for the organisation, including fee-for-service and/or membership arrangements and grants from corporate businesses and government, and philanthropic grants.
- Set targets for funding and revenue ‘sales’, and manage these against our budget and financial model
- Work closely with the CEO and Executive team to identify funding opportunities, develop relationships with those individuals and companies, and draft proposals for programs and funding
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and funding opportunities, including following general business development and sales processes
- Identify, collate, and manage responses to grant opportunities and/or tenders
- Identify, develop, and nurture relationships with key corporate and individual philanthropists
- Identify opportunities for pro-bono contributions to our work, and manage our pro-bono list of partners and opportunities.
- Manage our Recognition Program of key Allies, Friends and Patrons of the organisation.
- Collate and manage incoming business development opportunities and interest from key stakeholders, our internal team, and Board
- Represent the organisation at relevant meetings and events, and deliver presentations and pitches
- Lead the development, writing and submission of grant applications
- Work with the Head of Collaboration to implement key fundraising events, such as an annual fundraising dinner.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications teams to identify marketing opportunities that will support your fundraising strategy
- Liaise, report and present to the Board as required.
- Having a strong passion for our work and commitment to social impact.
To be considered, you will need:
- Positive Outlook and Exceptional Work Ethic: We are looking for someone who approaches challenges with a positive mindset and demonstrates an unwavering commitment to their work and to our mission. A strong work ethic is essential to thrive in this role.
- Team Player Attitude: Collaboration is at the heart of our organisation. The ideal candidate should work seamlessly within the team, fostering a cooperative and supportive environment.
- Exceptional Communication and Collaboration Skills: Effective communication and the ability to collaborate across diverse teams are crucial for success. Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Critical and Strategic Thinking: You will play a pivotal role in decision-making and problem-solving. We are looking for someone who can think critically and adapt to evolving situations. You get to work with a level of autonomy, and exercise ownership and accountability for your outcomes
- Proven Project Management Skills: Demonstrated experience in managing projects is key.
- Engaging Personality: The Business Development and Partnerships Director must have a mature and engaging personality to establish strong working relationships, and effectively present, pitch, and achieve revenues.
- Adherence to our values
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrated expertise in Business Development, Fundraising and/or Revenue sales.
- Experience working at an executive and/or leadership level and reporting to CEOs, a Board, or other C-Suite level.
- Significant, demonstrated project and customer relationship management experience
- Experience working in sensitive and confidential roles, including around operational information
- Demonstrated experience drafting concise, clear, and professional documentation, pitches, reports and strategies
- Experience in child protection, social impact, and/or government programs would be an added benefit.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher relating to business, marketing, sales, or social science, is highly beneficial
This is an initial 6-month contract (negotiable if needed), and extension will be considered.
Our office is based in Manly, Sydney – directly across the road from the ferry and Harbour! Ideally, we’d love for you to join us there at least once per week (hybrid).
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Anna Bowden: email@example.com.