The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
Identity Data including first name, middle name, last name, title, gender, job title, marital status, title and images of you.
- Contact Data including email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Profile Data including your username and password for our membership portal, profile picture, purchases or orders you have made with us, support requests you have made, content you post, send receive and share through our platform, information you have shared with our social media platforms, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, including surveys, activities or events.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account for our membership portal, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
- From publicly available sources: We collect personal data from publicly available resources such as the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We have set out in a table format, a description of the purposes for which we plan to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
|Purpose of use / disclosure
|Type of Personal Information
|To enable you to provide our Services to you, including to provide you with a login.
|To contact and communicate with you about our Services including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us.
|To contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via our website.
|For internal record keeping and administrative purposes.
|For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services.
|For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and information that we consider may be of interest to you.
|To comply with our legal obligations or if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, such as WordPress and Amazon Web Services;
- marketing or advertising providers;
- professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia, including but not limited to, the United States and United Kingdom.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
International Centre For Missing & Exploited Children, Australia Ltd (ABN 86 645 682 828)
Last update: 12 July 2022